Other Ways to Give
– Here are some ways your gift may be used:
- Program supplies such as craft materials, computer equipment and specialty software, learning materials such as books and movies
- Recreational opportunities such as pool or gym rental, bowling, admission to local attractions
- Repairs to homes such as roofs, windows, doors
- Replacement of furniture and other household items as needed
- Specialized assistive devices and equipment
- Augmentative communication systems such as picture boards, go talk devices
- Educational programs for life skill development such as cooking classes
You can make an In Honour donation to pay tribute to a loved one, or to say thanks to recognize special care and acts of kindness. Community Living will send a special card to the person you have chosen to honour. You will receive a thank you and tax receipt, as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting people who have an intellectual disability.
- Ask your family and friends to make a donation to Community Living Access in your honour instead of buying a present for occasions such as birthdays, wedding favour, anniversaries, retirement or holidays. Depending on the nature of your gift, there are a variety of ways we can recognize your honouree and generosity.
- Community Living Chatham-Kent will provide a tax receipt, our grateful thanks, and you will have the knowledge that you have found and provided the perfect gift!
- When someone passes on, we often want to honour their memory in a special way and show support for the family. Making an in memoriam donation is a positive way to celebrate their life. These contributions will be used to provide support and services to people who have an intellectual disability right here in our community.
- When you make a donation in memory of a loved one, you will receive a tax-deductible receipt and a letter of condolence will be sent to the family advising them of your kind gesture. The donation amount remains confidential.
Dream Makers Monthly Giving Program!
Join the DREAM MAKERS Monthly Giving Program and your regular monthly financial commitment to Community Living Access will enhance the lives of the people we support all year long!
- A small gift of $10 a month for example, works out to only $2.30 per week but accumulates to $120 in a year! And while you may not be able to donate $120 at one time, spreading it out over 12 months makes it easier to make an impact right now! Increase your monthly gift to $20 – $25 or larger amount and the impact grows!
- Please know that you can change or cancel your donation amount at any time.